1. Sauna Fights Illness and Relieves Congestion
Medical research shows saunas significantly reduced the incidence of colds and influenza. As the body is exposed to sauna heat and steam, it produces white blood cells more rapidly—which in turn helps fight illness and help kill viruses. Saunas can relieve sinus congestion from colds or allergies—especially when used with steam (add eucalyptus to the water for added benefits and enjoyment). The steam vapour action helps clear up uncomfortable congestion and is a wonderful part of the Outdoor or Indoor Sauna experience.
2. Sauna Flushes Toxins and Cleanses Skin
In today’s lifestyles, many of us don’t actively sweat on a daily basis. Deep sweating has multiple health benefits. Regular sauna bathing provides the benefits derived from a deep sweat:
- In the heat of a sauna, the core body temperature begins to rise. The blood vessels dilate, causing increased blood flow. As heat from the blood moves toward the skin surfaces and the core body temperature rises, the body’s nervous system sends signals to the millions of sweat glands covering the body. As the sweat glands are stimulated they produce sweat. Sweat production is primarily for cooling the body, and is composed of 99% water—but deep sweating in a sauna can help reduce levels of lead, copper, zinc, nickel and mercury—all toxins commonly picked up from our environment.
- At the same time, skin is cleansed and dead cells are replaced, keeping your skin in good working condition.
- Sweat rinses bacteria out of the epidermal layer and sweat ducts. Cleansing of the pores improves the capillary circulation and gives the skin a soft, beautiful appearance.
The benefits of traditional Finnish sauna bathing become tangible once you’ve experienced an authentic Bsaunas Outdoor or Indoor Sauna. Muscles relax. Aches fade away. Heart and circulation improve. Calories are burned. Skin is renewed. Tension and discord slip onto harmony. Body and soul are refreshed.
3. Sauna Improves Cardiovascular Performance
In the heat of a sauna, skin heats up, and core body temperature rises.
In response to the heat, the blood vessels near the skin dilates and cardiac output increases.
Medical research shows the heart rate can rise from 60-70/min. to 110 – 120/min. in the sauna (140 – 150 with more intensive bathing), and can often sink to below normal after the cooling off stage. With regular sauna use, we not only train our heart muscles and improve the heart rate/cardiac output but we also positively influence the regulatory system.
Further cardiovascular conditioning occurs when the sauna is taken in multiple “innings”, with sessions in the sauna separated by a cool shower or a dip into a cool pool or lake. Every time you rapidly change temperature (from hot to cool or vice versa), your heart rate increases by as much as 60%—comparable to moderate exercise.
Sauna Products We Sell
Welcome to Bsaunas USA! We are one of the biggest sauna companies in North America! We have a wide selection of outdoor saunas, wood-burning and electric sauna heaters, custom sauna rooms, custom outdoor saunas, Do-It-Yourself sauna kits, wood-burning hot tubs, and other sauna accessories, made out of high-grade Red Western Cedar. Our products are of high quality, made in Canada and Europe. Bsaunas USA provides services in United States and Canada.
Bsaunas USA specializes in factory direct sales of saunas, indoor sauna kits, and prefab saunas made of beautiful and durable Red Western Cedar. Have a cottage and dreaming of an outdoor sauna? We can help you! Renovating your house and thinking of adding a sauna? Bsaunas USA can do it! We offer residential and commercial sauna installations, as well as custom sauna designs.